12.16.2008

The State of Mind that Is Jose

Here's a question I get asked a lot that I'd like 2 address b4 this blog gets so popular that I nevr feel comfortable enuf 2 answer it:

Who is José?

Bcuz what many of u ppl dont realize is that José is not ______ __________. (the writer of this blog's actual name)

José is a state of mind.
José is a mean of expression.
I am José 4 now.
But u can b José tmrw.
We r all José.

When we r angsty.
When we r feisty.
When we r in love with music.
When we r artistically inspired.
When we find Jesus, realize he got killd a long time ago, but then find him sleeping in our basements.
At all of these times, nd more, we r all José.

We r all José when we feel like expressing ourselves in ways that transcend normal English, that go beyond normal poetic writing, that r above even ourselves.
Expression that, sometimes, even we ourselvs dont quite undrstand.

We r all José when vowels seem overrated, when satellite radio seems outdated, when the perfect slice of pizza seems like the cure 4 all violence nd anger in the wrld.

Sometimes, when I just cant bring myself 2 blog, I'm not José.
Sometimes, when its just 2 painful/tiring 2 pwr up my heavy 22-inch macbook air, I'm not José.
Sometimes, when I'm out in nature nd evrything seems calm nd peaceful nd all the wrld's problems have vanished, I'm not José.

But most times, when reality hits my eyes like locust guts splattered against my windshield, nd the world's bullshit / the power of music / the beauty of photographs is evr so present in my mind,
I am exactly José.

I am a hipster. = I am a blipster. = I am an acrobat. = I am a frnd. = I am a lawyer. = I am a monkey. = I am an Angeleno. = I am a graphic tee. = I am a Cobrasnake. = I am a gatherer. = I am a writer. = I am an artist. = I am a meth user. = I am an uncle. = I am a mother. = I am a serial killr. = I am a lover. = I am José.

Nd u can b 2.

I invite u 2 share with me those moments when u r José.
I invite u 2 share with me who u r.
So then,
Who are u?

Love when ur a pondering bitch,
José

No comments:

Post a Comment