12.24.2008

The Minimal Value of Xmas, Thnx Elmo

It’s cuming.
It’s about 2 b here.
It’s so close.
Xmas. Its been here 4 months, but the culmination of all the PostModernConsumerism of the last months finally cums down 2 this 1 day.

Xmas Day.
This day’s been going on for a little while now, but never has it been bigger/bolder/grander/spicier than it has been 4 the last half centry or so.
Xmas is, apparently, so in.
At least thats what the entire USofA anit-hipster culture tells me.
At least thats what my frnd’s SundaySchoolTeachrMom always told me.
At least thats what I thought I was supposed 2 think.

But now I’m an IndieThinkr.
My BrainChild is a whole new toddlr.


Nd I’ve begun 2 rethink the bullsht/crap/nonsense/disturbia that I put up with.

Nd bcuz of the EconomicCrisis thats sweeping the nation/wrld/galaxy, im not asking 4 any presents this yr. Nd im not sending any either.
I’m 2 scared that my apartment/dorm will foreclose.

But Back 2 Xmas.
As WalMart SuperCenter MegaSales nd traffic madness overflows all mall-areas in the nation,
As the only profitable music genre in the mnth of Decmbr remains 2 b crap/overproduced/hilar xmas music,
As my cousins who live in Gardena/WestCompton waste thousands of dollars nd resources in electricity by putting out their singing animatronic dancing light-up Santa along with onemillion othr lights,

I grow 2 feel less nd less connected 2 this HolyDay.

Nd honestly, the music generally just pisses me off.
But there’s a few great tracks that make my Xmas/Kwanza/’Nukkah pretty cumplete.
I will share 1 of them with u now.

Amazing xmas track numbr 1 is from The Weepies.
While they've had 2 great albums since their 2k4 debut Happiness, their beluvd xmas song cums from this first album. It's called "All That I Want".
Some of my/ur/his/her fave lyrics:

And when the night is falling/Down the sky at midnight/Another year is stalling/Far away a good bye, good night


The Weepies - "All That I Want"


Enjoy nd b greatful that u got this wondrful song nd not a lump of coal/anothr angsty electro song 4 once.
Nevr 4get babyTickleMeElmo.

Merry happy yall bitches,
José

No comments:

Post a Comment